[mapserver-users] JGW+JPG -> TIFF

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Mon Apr 14 10:01:23 EDT 2008

-----Alkuperäinen viesti-----
Lähettäjä: mapserver-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org puolesta: Janosch.Skrobek at trier.de

> 2) I have 80 orthofotos. Since I don't want to add a layer for each one I created a tileindex with gdaltindex.exe ... the created dbf file contains one column called LOCATION and has all the name of my jpegs in it but when I use it in mapserver the screen stays white, no pictures show up. Anyone having ideas on this?

One possibility is that Mapserver do not find the images.  Try building the tileindex like
gdaltindex tileindex.shp c:\full\path\to\images\*.jpg (this is Windows syntax). But perhaps your tileindex already contains full path, or images are for sure located in the Mapserver default directory so that they can be found just by file name. Then I would suspect some problem with extents.

-Jukka Rahkonen-