[mapserver-users] DGN

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Apr 10 11:55:41 EDT 2008

Alexandre Busquets Triola wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm inexperienced with mapserver,
>
> I would like to load a dgn file, it has a text layer, and some line layers.
>
> I can load this file into mapserver as layer, but i can't load the text
> Labels.
>
> Somebody had do it anything like this?

Alexandre,

The vector access howto talks about DGN a bit.  I would suggest reviewing it.

Are these DGN v8 or newer files?  If so, they are unsupported.  But OGR does
support earlier dgn files.  DGN files are also supported for "auto styling",
a mechanism to utilize the color, text, line width and such characteristics
when drawing features rather than having to explicitly control all this in
the map file using classes.  The fidelity of this autostyling is not great,
but gives an appearance similar to how the file might look in microstation.

Best regards,