[mapserver-users] querying a WFS on property alias

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Apr 15 10:57:50 EDT 2008

Bart,

  We have gone through the same issue when implementing the SOS and the
solution was to pre-parse the filter and replace the occurrences of the
aliased by the real attribute name.

  I will move the function so that it does the same for the wfs filter
encoding. Will let you know after I do few tests.

Best Regards,

bartvde at osgis.nl wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> it seems that querying a WFS on a property alias does not work in MS 5.0.2.
> Is this a known issue?
>
> Using something like:
>
> "gml_OBJ_IDENT_alias" "Identifier"
>
> I can't query on Identifier in the PropertyName, but it works if I use the
> attribute name OBJ_IDENT as PropertyName.
>
> This is kind of strange, since a WFS client can't even know this property
> is actually called OBJ_IDENT in the datamodel behind the WFS.
>
> Best regards,
> Bart

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst