[mapserver-users] mapserver 5 configure with options does not work (fedora 7/8)

Ningchuan Xiao xiao.37 at osu.edu
Tue Apr 15 15:59:23 EDT 2008

Dear All,

I was wondering if anyone could please help me solve this problem. I
compiled MapServer 5.0.2 on Fedora 7 and 8. I installed all required
libraries/packages. If I configure MapServer without any options (i.e., just
use ./configure), the resulting file mapserv works fine if I copy it to the
cgi-bin folder.

However, if I configure it using any other options (such as --with-proj,
with proj4 successfully installed), I can compile MapServer with no problem
and can run mapserv -v. However, if I copy it to the cgi-bin folder, it will
not work. All I get is a blank page in the web browser with no error
messages.

Any hint/suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Ningchuan