[mapserver-users] raster tileindex question ...

Michael Schulz mschulz at webgis.de
Tue Apr 15 11:14:05 EDT 2008

Hey Frank,

thanks for your suggestion. Although i've never used extra tileindex
layers before, but as you said it works. When the shape or db data is
filtered in the mapfile, then also the raster layer only displays the
corresponding tile.

One step further... When I tried to do the same using SLD with Filter:
display the map as wms layers, pass the the tileindex layer a sld with
the same filter definition as above - I get a mapserver errors:
depending on how the sld is composed:

- sld only has the tileindex layer defined as NamedLayer, with filter:
the map is drawn, the tileindex layer only displays the filtered
feature but the raster layer shows all tiles.

- sld with tileindex and raster layer as NamedLayers, first with filter:
[Tue Apr 15 17:31:13 2008].233466 msTiledSHPOpenFile(): SDE error.
Tileindex layer must be a shapefile.
[Tue Apr 15 17:31:13 2008].233504 msDrawMap(): Image handling error.
Failed to draw layer named 'TK200'.

I am not sure, whether this cannot work at all or if there's sth.
wrong with the sld (although mapserver doesn't complain about the
sld).

Greetings, Michael

2008/4/11, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com>:
> Michael Schulz wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > is it possible to display only certain tiles from a tileindex layer
> > (rasters)? E.g. with a filter based on a an attribute in the tileindex
> > shapefile?
> > Has someone tried something like that (and succeeded)?
> >

>  Michael,
>
>  Yes, this should work though I haven't exactly tried it.  But you will
>  need to put your tileindex shapefile in a distinct Tileindex layer, and
>  then reference that from your raster layer instead of directly referencing
>  the tileindex shapefile in the raster layer.  (I think)
>
>  Best regards,
>  --
>  I set the clouds in motion - turn up   | Frank Warmerdam,
> warmerdam at pobox.com
>  light and sound - activate the windows | http://pobox.com/~warmerdam
>  and watch the world go round - Rush    | President OSGeo, http://osgeo.org

Michael Schulz