[mapserver-users] mapserver 5 configure with options does not work (fedora 7/8)

Nahum Castro pedro1_72 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 15 21:48:17 EDT 2008

--- Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> escribió:

> Ningchuan Xiao wrote:
> > Dear All,
> >
> > I was wondering if anyone could please help me
> solve this problem. I
> > compiled MapServer 5.0.2 on Fedora 7 and 8. I
> installed all required
> > libraries/packages. If I configure MapServer
> without any options (i.e.,
> > just use ./configure), the resulting file mapserv
> works fine if I copy
> > it to the cgi-bin folder.
> >
> > However, if I configure it using any other options
> (such as --with-proj,
> > with proj4 successfully installed), I can compile
> MapServer with no
> > problem and can run mapserv -v. However, if I copy
> it to the cgi-bin
> > folder, it will not work. All I get is a blank
> page in the web browser
> > with no error messages.
>
> Ningchuan,
>
> I would guess this is because the extra options have
> shared libraries in
> places that aren't searched under apache.  For
> instance, if libproj.so
> is installed in /usr/local/lib and you haven't
> managed that properly via
> ldconfig or LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
>
> Best regards,
> --

create a file named mapserver.conf in
/etc/ld.so.conf.d/ and add the next lines:
/path/to/proj4/libs
/path/to/gdal/libs
/path/to/geos/libs

mine is
/usr/local/lib
/usr/local/pgsql/lib

because i compiled from source postgresql+postgis,
gdal, proj4 and geos

If you will use php-mapscript install
#yum -y install php-devel

Use ./configure --help