[mapserver-users] GetCapabilities for a specific layer, not the entire mapfile?

Armin Burger armin.burger at gmx.net
Thu Apr 17 03:36:57 EDT 2008

John
I don't know if it is an option for you, but it would be quite easy doing this with Mapscript, using the functionality of OWSrequest. Either using an 'empty' map file and adding to it the desired layer from the main map file with Mapscript 'addLayer()' method. This works with all types of Mapscript. Or using the main map file and deleting all layers but the requested one with 'removeLayer()'. This does not work with PHP Mapscript since this method does not exist there.

Using Apache rewrite rules one can also create nicer URLS, like

http://host/wms/layer1 or
http://host/wms/layer2

I have not noticed so far big differences in speed between Mapscript and CGI, maybe under higher load this could change slightly.

Armin

-------- Original-Nachricht --------