[mapserver-users] GetCapabilities for a specific layer, not the entire mapfile?

Guillaume Sueur guillaume.sueur at neogeo-online.net
Thu Apr 17 03:46:33 EDT 2008

Hi John,

Maybe you can also filter the getCapabilities on the server side : make
a wrapper which will get called by the client (for instance :
www.server.net/myOwnCapabilities?layer=layer_name&map=map.map

the wrapper will perform the standard getCapabilities on
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv and then manipulate the XML doc to
erase all the layers nodes not requested by the user.

If it suits your need, you can go this way.

Hope that helps

Guillaume