[MAPSERVER-USERS] Multiple GetFeatureInfo on Raster Data

Matthew Doyle mtd at bom.gov.au
Fri Apr 18 00:40:14 EDT 2008

Hi MapServer users,

We are trying to do a GetFeatureInfo request which will query multiple
layers. These are both WMS Raster data layers, namely 'rain_jan' and
'rain_jun'. We are constructing the URL as follows:

http://www...../latest?&SERVICE=wms&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=getfeatureinfo&LAYERS=rain_jan,rain_jun&QUERY_LAYERS=rain_jun,rain_jan&x=200&y=150&INFO_FORMAT=text/plain&srs=EPSG:4283&BBOX=120,-50,180,0&FORMAT=image/png&width=400&height=300&styles&FEATURE_COUNT=2

Now, this will only ever query the first layer, it will never pick up
multiple layers, no matter how many we put in the LAYERS or QUERY_LAYERS
fields, or no matter how high our FEATURE_COUNT var is. All we ever get is
the first layer, and other 'features' which are close in proximity (lat/lon)
to the point selected within the same layer.

Example output as follows:

GetFeatureInfo results:

Layer 'rain_jan'
  Feature 0:
    x = '149.9125'
    y = '-24.5875'
    value_0 = '92'
    value_list = '92'
    class = '50-100 mm'
    red = '230'
    green = '236'
    blue = '164'
  Feature 1:
    x = '149.9375'
    y = '-24.5875'
    value_0 = '91'
    value_list = '91'
    class = '50-100 mm'
    red = '230'
    green = '236'
    blue = '164'

Is this possible to do with Raster Data? It seems to work when we attempt to
access two different Vector layers.

We are using MapServer 5.0.0 which is able to support WMS 1.3, however we
tend to use WMS 1.1.1 as most software clients support that.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Matt