[mapserver-users] How to tile a large TIF image?

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Fri Apr 18 05:23:23 EDT 2008

Hi,

Gdal_translate program has options for you:

c:\FWTools>gdal_translate
Usage: gdal_translate [--help-general]
       [-ot {Byte/Int16/UInt16/UInt32/Int32/Float32/Float64/
             CInt16/CInt32/CFloat32/CFloat64}] [-strict]
       [-of format] [-b band] [-outsize xsize[%] ysize[%]]
       [-scale [src_min src_max [dst_min dst_max]]]
       [-srcwin xoff yoff xsize ysize] [-projwin ulx uly lrx lry]
       [-a_srs srs_def] [-a_ullr ulx uly lrx lry] [-a_nodata value]
       [-gcp pixel line easting northing [elevation]]*
       [-mo "META-TAG=VALUE"]* [-quiet] [-sds]
       [-co "NAME=VALUE"]*
       src_dataset dst_dataset

By playing with -srcwin or possibly with -outsize and -projwin you should be able to split your image as you wish.  Read more from
http://gdal.org/gdal_translate.html

-Jukka Rahkonen-