[mapserver-users] Investigating OpenLayers -> MapServer (WMS) -> OGR -> db

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri Apr 18 13:56:01 EDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 12:31:24PM -0500, P Kishor wrote:
> SELECT wkt_geometry FROM <table> WHERE <extent of features is in the BBOX>
>
> That is what I want to investigate. What exactly is OGR/MapServer
> executing? What is the form of "WHERE <extent of features in the
> BBOX>"? How can I log this level of detail?

You'll likely need to modify OGR to log this level of detail. In
general, this type of logging is done by the 'server' in DB
environments: Since SQLIte doesn't *have* a server, I don't think
there's any way to do this external to OGR, and I don't believe that
it's an existing feature of the OGR sqlite driver.

In any case, MapServer is the wrong list for this: gdal-dev is probably
the right place to go.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt