[mapserver-users] MapServer v. 4.10.0 featureid problem

Brian Mixon mixon at waterstoneinc.com
Fri Apr 18 12:43:20 EDT 2008

Tom,

Perhaps I should tell you why I'm after the (or any) unique AND
sequential id field for a service's features. I'm trying to page the
feature data in a UI and started designing my solution after having read
the WFS v 1.0.0 spec. I assumed (yes, I know what happens when one does
that (;>)) that I'd just use feature ids.

I should have asked what mechanism MapServer employs to allow me to do
something like this (the partial retrieval of features from a large
dataset on some service somewhere). I'm going to bring back a certain
number of features with each call to a WFS and as the user scrolls
through this data I will make subsequent calls to the same service and
ask for the next batch of features.

Does this make sense and can you point me in the right direction for
getting MapServer to do this?

Thanks for your patience,
Brian