[mapserver-users] Experiences with CartoWeb

Stefan Schwarzer stefan.schwarzer at grid.unep.ch
Fri Apr 18 16:04:06 EDT 2008

Hi there,

we've used mapserver a lot over the last years, in some minor as well
as some major applications. Now, we're thinking to replace a mapping
module in a major portal application with cartoweb, in order to avoid
a duplication of the development of code, of having a more modular
approach, to facilitate update and maintenance etc.

What are your experiences in using Cartoweb? What are, upon your
opinion, the major advantages or drawbacks? Anything we should be
aware of before undergoing such a change in our application?

Thanks for any advices,

Stef