[mapserver-users] Oracle+WMS: GetCapabilities issue

Diego Guidi diegoguidi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 08:13:57 EDT 2008

 I'm using the last ms4w package and I'm experiencing an issue with
 GetCapabilities request... in one word: is terribly slow :(
 I've created a map file from a bunch of layers in SDE and all works
 well, then I've moved the same data to Oracle Spatial, changed
 configuration of the map file and now the problem appears.
 I want to specify this: only getcapabilities is terribly slow (10
 minutes for 10 layers), getmap requests and getfeatureinfo requests
 are fast, actually much faster that with SDE...
 anyone has experienced this issue?