[mapserver-users] multiple tiffs in one layer

Kristian Thy thy at 42.dk
Mon Apr 28 10:14:23 EDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 28, Kyle Wilcox wrote:
> Each geotiff will need to be a layer.  You can use the GROUP tag inside
> each of the layers to display them together.
>
> Attila Berényi wrote:
> >Dear List,
> >
> >I'd like to know that is it possible to display separate geotiffs on one
> >layer?
> >Now I'm able to include more than one DATA line in the LAYER
> >specification, but only the last one is displayed....
> >
> >Any help would be very much appreciated,
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >Attila
> --
>
>  Kyle Wilcox
>  NOAA Chesapeake Bay Office
>  410 Severn Avenue
>  Suite 107A
>  Annapolis, MD 21403
>  office: (410) 295-3151
>  Kyle.Wilcox at noaa.gov
>
>  A: It takes over twice as long to understand the conversation.
>  Q: What's wrong with top-posting?
>  A: Top-posting.
>  Q: What's the worst thing about plain text email discussions?

I find it rather amusing that you not only top-post wrong information,
but even have a signature saying the worst thing about email discussions
is top-posting.

As that other guy said, there's no need to make a layer per tiff. Just
index them and use TILEINDEX.

\\kristian
--
... et nemo ex vobis interrogat me: »Quo vadis?«