[mapserver-users] Postgres library

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Apr 24 08:27:10 EDT 2008

Philippe Kruschitz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just compiled Mapserver 5.0.2 from source with all needed libraries (and postgres+postgis).
> Everything worked fine, I copied the mapserv file into my cgi-bin directory, but mapserver only returns a blank page in the browser.
>
> I checked the Apache error-log, which showed following output:
>
> [Thu Apr 24 06:09:15 2008] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] /var/www/cgi-bin/mapserv: error while loading shared libraries: libpq.so.5: failed to map segment from shared object: Permission denied
> [Thu Apr 24 06:09:15 2008] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Premature end of script headers: mapserv

Are you using Fedora or RHEL 4+ by any chance? A Google search using the
error message points to lots of docs referring to SELinux getting in the
way of Apache finding its libs. Some places suggest disabling SELinux
completely, but there has to be a more elegant solution to tell SELinux
to let Apache load those new libs.

http://www.google.ca/search?q=apache+failed+to+map+segment+from+shared+object

Daniel
--