[mapserver-users] AJAX - GetFeatureInfo - Accent problem

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Apr 24 09:04:01 EDT 2008

OOpps... sorry for responding to myself, but I just realized that you
are using an HTML template for your GetFeatureInfo query and not GML. In
this case the ows_encoding setting will have no effect. However you
could and should set the encoding yourself in the header of the query
template.

Daniel

Daniel Morissette wrote:
> Martin,
>
> Did you try setting "ows_encoding" "ISO-8859-1" in the map-level
> metadata? With this metadata directive, MapServer will include an
> encoding value in the <?xml ...> header of the GetFeatureInfo response,
> and hopefully that will be caught by the XMLHttpRequest.
>
> Daniel
>
> Martin Ouellet wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a GetFeatureinfo request that work pretty well (the accent
>> character is OK) )when I call it directly in IE or FF:
>>
>> http://MDRIM00-000251/mapserver5/siglight.exe&service=WMS&version=1.1.1&request=getfeatureinfo&info_format=text/html&srs=EPSG:4326
>> <http://MDRIM00-000251/mapserver5/siglight.exe&service=WMS&version=1.1.1&request=getfeatureinfo&info_format=text/html&srs=EPSG:4326>
>>
>> &bbox=-71.332572,46.716784,-71.247428,46.783216&width=992&height=774&layers=hauteur_libre&query_layers=hauteur_libre&feature_count=10&x=423&y=313&format=gif&styles=
>>

>> ex: Municipalité: Québec
>>
>> The template behind this layer is a very simple HTML file (saved in
>> DOS/ISO-8859-1 encoding):

>> But when I send the same URL request in AJAX, the accent character are
>> not displayed correctly (in the responseText of the XMLHttpRequest
>> object).
>>
>> ex: Municipalit?  Qu?c
>>
>> For firefox, I have fix the problem by adding this line:
>>
>> xmlHttp.overrideMimeType('text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1');
>>
>> But this method is not supported by IE.  I presume it's not a
>> Mapserver issue but if someone has any clue???
>>
>> Thank you in advance.
>>
>> MartinO

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/