[MAPSERVER-USERS] Mapserv problems on Fedora

Nahum Castro pedro1_72 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 28 00:29:44 EDT 2008

--- Philippe Kruschitz <p_kruschitz at hotmail.com>
escribió:

> Hi,
>
> I posted to the list before with a "shared
> libraries" problem causing
> mapserv to crash. Daniel Morissette got it right, as
> I was working on a
> RHEL5 server. The excellent link sent by Doug
> Newcomb was pretty helpful
> too, but unfortunately, I had to get MS running as
> soon as possible, so I
> disabled SELinux completely (I'll get back to
> configuring it correctly,
> though...)
>
> After rebooting, trying to access mapserv without
> any parameters showed the
> following (correctly?):
> 'No query information to decode. QUERY_STRING is
> set, but empty.'
>
> But as soon as I try to display a map file, the same
> blank page that showed
> before returned.
> In the error_log, I found an ugly stack, apparently
> caused by a glibc
> problem:
>
> [Fri Apr 25 05:09:00 2008] [error] [client
> 127.0.0.1] *** glibc detected ***
> /var/www/cgi-bin/mapserv: free(): invalid next size
> (fast):
> 0x0000000010137900 ***
>
> Searching on the forum, I found this thread where
> you obviously dealt with a
> similar problem.
>
> Unfortunately, I didn't really understand how or if
> you solved the problem.
> I would be grateful if one of you could explain to
> me what is exactly
> happening and how I could possibly solve my
> problem....
>
> Regards,
>
> Philippe
>
> PS: I'm running on a 64-bit RHEL5 server with
> Mapserver compiled from
> source...
>

> ./mapserv -v
> MapServer version 5.0.2 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG
> OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
> OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=AGG
> SUPPORTS=FREETYPE
> SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT
> SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER INPUT=EPPL7
> INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE
>

> --

You --must-- compile and install the last version of
gd, the gd version on RHEL 5 and 5.1 is broken, also
on centos and fedora core 8.

Be sure to replace the old gd version on /usr/lib,
also check the simlinks on /usr/lib, then run ldconfig
as root.

If you use mapserver with phpmapscript install php-gd
with yum.

Hope this helps.

Saludos.

--