[mapserver-users] Open source metadata tools/alternatives

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at ec.gc.ca
Mon Apr 28 14:43:23 EDT 2008

You can use these tools to manage your metadata, and, at least in GeoNetwork's case, you can publish them to a CS-W catalog.

To integrate with MapServer, one idea is to set the LAYER/METADATA/ows_metadataurl_href value to that of a URL which will return the given metadata record (in FGDC, TC211, etc.).

..Tom