[MAPSERVER-USERS] Mapserv problems on Fedora

Philippe Kruschitz p_kruschitz at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 29 06:48:52 EDT 2008

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the hint. I'm glad it worked for you, although I doubt this has
anything to do with AGG.
Usually, trying to access non-existent mapfiles throws a LoadMap error:

msLoadMap(): Unable to access file. (/home/pk/gis/no.map)

Trying with non-existent and working mapfiles (using GD rendering) always
gets me the same error:

[http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=no.map]
msEvalRegex(): Regular expression error. String (no.map) failed expression
test.

[http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/home/pk/gis/no.map]
msEvalRegex(): Regular expression error. String (/home/pk/gis/no.map) failed
expression test.

[http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/home/pk/gis/test.map]
msEvalRegex(): Regular expression error. String (/home/pk/gis/test.map)
failed expression test.

To be sure, I recompiled Mapserver without agg support, getting the same
result.
I'm slowly considering switching to an Ubuntu server, as I tried almost
everything I could.

By the way, how did you find out about your bug?

Best regards,

Philippe