[MAPSERVER-USERS] Mapserv problems on Fedora

Philippe Kruschitz p_kruschitz at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 30 08:36:09 EDT 2008

It worked! Thank you list....

There was, indeed, a second regex library involved. The first time I tried
to compile Mapserver,
I relied on a 1.4.2 GDAL package from the EPEL Repository. This package used
the POSIX library, 'librx', which wasn't
removed when I later uninstalled the GDAL package to compile it myself. For
some obscure reasons, building
GDAL from source used 'librx' instead of the system regex?... It would only
work after I completely removed the
POSIX library. I don't need librx, but I was wondering if this was a normal
behaviour? Should I post it to the GDAL list?

Thanks again,

Philippe

Daniel Morissette-2 wrote:

> Sounds as if there might be two different copies of the regex library
> involved in the build, and the wrong one would be used at runtime and
> result in regex evaluations failing. This used to happen with PHP
> MapScript when MapServer was compiled with the system regex and PHP was
> compiled with its built-in regex. I realize that you are using mapserv
> in this case and not PHP MapScript so it's not related to PHP at all,
> but I would suggest that you look to make sure there is not another
> dependency in your build that pulls a second copy of regex into the mix.
>
> Daniel
>
> Philippe Kruschitz wrote:
>>
>> Do you think overriding the default mapfile pattern ("\\.map$") by
>> setting
>> MS_MAPFILE_PATTERN could be a solution?
>>
>> (though I still don't get why the regular expression returns as false,
>> the path in the URL obviously fits the default pattern...??)
>>
>> Philippe
>>

>> Philippe Kruschitz wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Steven,
>>>
>>> Thanks for the hint. I'm glad it worked for you, although I doubt this
>>> has
>>> anything to do with AGG.
>>> Usually, trying to access non-existent mapfiles throws a LoadMap error:
>>>
>>> msLoadMap(): Unable to access file. (/home/pk/gis/no.map)
>>>
>>> Trying with non-existent and working mapfiles (using GD rendering)
>>> always
>>> gets me the same error:
>>>
>>> [http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=no.map]
>>> msEvalRegex(): Regular expression error. String (no.map) failed
>>> expression