[MAPSERVER-USERS] How to map attribute data (non-geom) from Oracle(not Spatial)?

Bill Wordsworth bill.wordsworth at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 16:01:55 EDT 2008

Tim,
I didn't know you could do "geom from..." without Oracle Spatial, so
this is great!

This is my current compilation:
MapServer version 4.8.3 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=PDF OUTPUT=SWF OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE
SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPPORTS=THREADS SUPPORTS=GEOS
INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE
DEBUG=MSDEBUG

I don't see any Oracle support. Could you shed some light on how to
enable that? And how do you insert geom into Oracle Locator without
Oracle Spatial- what tools?

So as I understand, Oracle Spatial allows geoprocessing type queries
(buffer, nearest, shortest) while Oracle Locator doesn't allow any
thing that but does display geom (point, line, polygon, (raster)).
Correct?? I just want to take a shapefile, insert it and then display
its filtered set.
Cheers, Bill