[mapserver-users] Fractional line widths?

Dane Springmeyer blake at hailmail.net
Mon Aug 18 19:26:18 EDT 2008

Tamas,

Great, thanks!. I'll file a ticket then regarding the agg render and
adding a FORMATOPTION for generating 'thinner' looking lines.

My question comes from the context of comparing Mapnik's agg output to
mapserver. Mapnik seems to interpret user-entered fractional widths in
a clever way, by lightening the color and intensity.

I'm comparing this graphic generated with a width=0.1 with Mapnik:

http://mapnik-utils.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/tutorials/hello_world/xml_config/map/hello_world_using_xml_config.png

to this graphic generated with Mapserver with Width 1.0:

http://mapnik-utils.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/tutorials/hello_world/mapserver_comparison/mapfile_config/map/hello_world_with_mapserver_mapfile.png

It fully possible that my mapfile is not doing an equal comparison, so
if anyone has suggestions I've pasted it below.

Thanks,

Dane

------------

# This mapfile mirrors the mapnik hello world example here: http://mapnik-utils.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/tutorials/hello_world/pure_python/
# A map can be generated from it by running shp2img.
# For example:
# $ shp2img -m world.map -o map/hello_world_with_mapserver_mapfile.png
# or
# once you have installed the mapserv cgi use this url:
# http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/path/to/this/mapfile/world.map&layers=world&mode=map

MAP
   IMAGETYPE        AGG
   EXTENT             -180 -93 180 86