[mapserver-users] DNC's

Derek Bain beartreeyoga at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 19 08:46:10 EDT 2008

Hi

I am trying to get the color for each symbol/layer within a DNC. Using ogrinfo I can get the f_code for each layer however I cannot find the symbol number stored anywhere. Using document MIL-DTL-89045 I can get a table of symbol number mapped to color. However I need, if possible,  to find a way of getting the symbol number from the DNC files OR a means of mapping f_code to color so I can complete the map file. I tried specifying STYLEITEM "AUTO" in one of my Layers to use the default colors within the layer but that does not seem to be supported by OGR and results in a white/blank image (tried empty Class). I have also tried searching through the files for a specific symbol number with no success.

Has anyone any ideas of how to do find the symbol number

Many thanks

Derek