[mapserver-users] Projection problem with EPSG 28992

Wim Blanken w.blanken at geon.nl
Tue Aug 19 14:21:01 EDT 2008

Hello list,

I was trying to build mapserver 5.2 on Hostgis (slackware).

I downloaded proj.4 version 4.6.0 and build mapserver against it. I believe
it has a problem with the dutch projection (28992).

Every other projection works ok but  if I use 28992 mapserver complains
about an unknown projection id. So it can find proj but cannot operate with
28992. The strange thing is that if I change the proj.4 settings for 28992
in the epsg file (I change sterea in stere) it works.

Does Proj.4 still operate with sterea or is this some kind of strange
'slackware' specific problem?

Greetings

Wim Blanken

The Netherlands