[mapserver-users] Using mapserver with EPSG:900913

nbest nbest at lanworth.com
Tue Aug 26 15:32:47 EDT 2008

Does anyone have some JS that overlays a WMS serving EPSG:900913 images
through the GMap API?

I am aware of the tile mode available in MS 5.2 but at the moment I would
have to break up with FWTools and I am hesitant to tinker with my server in
that way.  I took the projection description from
http://spatialreference.org/ref/user/google-projection/ (which appears to be
functionally equivalent the definition in the RFC 43 patch) and added it to
the epsg file as <900913>.  I found some JS examples such as
http://gapanalysis.nbii.gov/files/gmaps/gmap_WMS.html and
http://lyceum.massgis.state.ma.us/wiki/doku.php?id=googlemaps:home that
appear to connect to WMSs that are serving images not in the Google
projection and doing some adjustments to the bounding box coordinates.
Using those JS scripts appears to introduce a north-south shift but I don't
know if that's coming from the JS or a server-side proj problem.  Does
anyone have any lat-lon, 900913 x-y coordinate pairs that I could use to
test in proj?  spatialreference.org can't seem to do it right now.  Thanks.

Neil