[mapserver-users] howto draw amount of points features of one layer depending on scale

Nils Zierath nils.zierath at uni-bonn.de
Wed Aug 27 09:42:52 EDT 2008

Hi David,
your suggestion is similar to Jeff's?
How would I treat a point as lable? I haven't had any luck in displaying the points
with "TYPE ANNOTATION".

What would the syntax in the mapfile would look like to either treat a point as lable
or with "TYPE ANNOTATION"?

My mapfile currently looks like:

LAYER
  NAME	'Field research locations'
  DATA	'../vector/gps/fieldresearch_complete'
  STATUS	default
  TYPE	point
  #TYPE	annotation
  TRANSPARENCY	100