[mapserver-users] world vector shorelines shpfile - convert meters to DD in mapfile

Gregor at HostGIS gregor at hostgis.com
Wed Dec 3 15:20:06 EST 2008

Pablo Romero wrote:
> Im assuming that "EPSG:123456" doesnt really exist, and was used as an
> example, correct?
> Which "EPSG" projection should I be using to convert this
> "world_shorelines.shp" shapefile into DD?

Yes, 123456 was "whatever EPSG code corresponds to the projection your
data is really using" I have no idea what projection that is; read the
metadata to find out, and thumb through your PROJ's epsg file as well;
that's usually /usr/share/proj/epsg for Unix.

I wasn't always GIS either; I'm still 90% sysadmin, security, and
general programmer. :)

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth    BS, A+, Network+, Security+, Server+
System Administrator, Lead Programmer

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA