[mapserver-users] Legend Blur

Bryn Roberts Bryn.Roberts at forestrytas.com.au
Wed Dec 3 19:58:44 EST 2008

Hi MapServer Users,

I would like assistance with a problem I seem to be having after moving to the latest ms4w package which includes MapServer 5.2.
The problem I see is that map legends look somewhat blurry when embedded into the map (they look fine when status is simply 'on').

Has anyone experienced this problem before, or have any ideas as to what may be going on?
Some maps have less blurry legends than others, but all maps were previously working fine under MapServer 5.0, and on comparison it looks like the legends MapServer 5.2 is drawing are slightly squashed.

Below is an extract of one of the map files I am experiencing this problem with.

MAP
 NAME abc
 STATUS ON
 SIZE 500 500
 EXTENT 227154 5165779 627108 5614539
 UNITS METERS
 IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
 SYMBOLSET "symbols.sym"
 FONTSET "font.list"
 SHAPEPATH "C:/ms4w/Apache/htdocs/abc/data/"
 PROJECTION
  "init=epsg:28355"
 END

 OUTPUTFORMAT
  NAME 'AGG'
  DRIVER AGG/PNG
  IMAGEMODE RGB
 END

 LEGEND
  STATUS EMBED
  POSITION ll
  IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
  LABEL
   COLOR 0 0 0
   FONT "verdana"
   TYPE TRUETYPE
   POSITION AUTO
   PARTIALS FALSE
   SIZE 8
   BUFFER 1
  END
 END

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Bryn

This transmission is intended solely for the person or
organisation to whom it is addressed.
It is confidential and may contain legally privileged
information. If you have received this transmission in
error,you may not use, copy or distribute it.
Please advise us by return e-mail or by phoning 61 3 62338203
and immediately delete the transmission in its entirety.
We will meet your reasonable expenses of notifying us.
Despite our use of anti-virus software, Forestry Tasmania
cannot guarantee that this transmission is virus-free.