[mapserver-users] Scalebar vs Numeric scale

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 01:29:57 EST 2008

and now what happens if you're using a projector ? could you please
factor in the distance to the screen and the field of view of the
projector :)

just to say how scale is meaningless for pixel maps in an uncontrolled
environment.

nice hack by the way, but I'm not sure even your OS knows how many
pixels it can fit in a screen inch. I think gimp makes you measure a
line on the screen (with a real ruler) to configure that value.

--
thomas