[mapserver-users] help with converting Geoserver site to Mapserver

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Tue Dec 9 16:02:40 EST 2008

Hi,

You should know by now that it is possible and easy to make a MapServer WMS service to deliver the same data that is now behind GeoServer WMS.  That is for sure true.  What I do not understand is why your organization thinks it is necessary.  If your application is using just GeoServer WMS interface no part or your own code will be contaminated by GPL. But it will be a refreshing experience to study a bit how a similar result is achieved either with MapServer or Geoserver.

-Jukka Rahkonen-