[mapserver-users] problem using some fonts on pdf output

José María Michia jose.maria.michia at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 07:15:55 EST 2008

2008/12/12 Brent Fraser <bfraser at geoanalytic.com>:
> José,
>
>  I think it has to do with font embedding in the output pdf.  Looking at the
> source code, Mapserver appears to embed fonts used for symbols, but not for
> text labels.
>
> Brent Fraser

I've tried use the font Times as symbol, and yes, font are embedded in
the resultant pdf. But, the labels using the same font in this file,
not uses the same font. This is only a test, is not a good solution,
because forcing to use the desired font as symbol.

Maybe is easy to change the code for include in the PDF the fonts used
in labels, but not for me  right now. I hope to learn how some day.

Thanks to Brent and all the people of MapServer.
Saludos
José María