[MAPSERVER-USERS] WMS: layer status turned to on

Philippe Kruschitz p_kruschitz at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 15 05:28:07 EST 2008

Hi Alexandre,

Alexandre Dube wrote:

> Using MINSCALEDENOM and MAXSCALEDENOM could resolve your problem. Set
> MINSCALEDENOM to 1 to the layers you don't want to show in the dummy
> layer.

Thanks for the hint, I didn't think about it out at all. Setting
MAXSCALEDENOM (instead of MINSCALEDENOM ;-) ) to 1 on the dummy layers does
it as Mapserver won't prepare them for display and will deliver the maps a
lot faster.

Although this works for me, as I will never need to display those layers,
there should be a way to tell Mapserver that some layers shouldn't be loaded
when acting as a WMS-Server. I tought this was the purpose of STATUS, but
this obviously isn't the case, as Mapserver can change that value freely.

Merci encore,

Philippe