[MAPSERVER-USERS] Mapserver and Apache

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Dec 16 18:27:48 EST 2008

D.Nunes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have MapServer in my machine. But the MapServer brings an apache. I
> already have an apache on my computer.
>
> It's possible, instead of using the apache which is inside the folder ms4w,
> start to use apache I have on my computer?
>
> Cumps.
> D. Nunes

The easiest option is to change the port number in MS4W's Apache (see
"Listen 80" in /ms4w/Apache/conf/httpd.conf), execute
/ms4w/apache-install.bat, and then goto 127.0.0.1:yourport in a browser.
  If you want to configure your own Apache for MapServer it's much more
detailed, but possible.

Is the easy option an option for you?

-jeff

--