[mapserver-users] pdf OUTPUT format for annotation layer not working

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Fri Dec 19 10:41:31 EST 2008

José,

  I ran into that problem a couple of days ago.  I had a rogue COLOR object in my LAYER:

  LAYER
    NAME '082h04_1_0_TO_2520009_0'
    TYPE annotation
    DATA 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Topo\data\vector\Canvec_50\082\H\082h04_1_0_TO_2520009_0'
    STATUS DEFAULT
    LABELITEM 'TOPONAME'
    CLASSITEM 'TYPE'
    CLASS
      COLOR 0 0 0 	# this causes a "too large for PDF" error
      NAME 'TYPE = 4'
      EXPRESSION '4'
      LABEL
        FONT "tuffy5"
        TYPE TRUETYPE
        COLOR 80 80 80
	:

Taking out the (useless) COLOR object made it work.

Brent Fraser