[mapserver-users] How to Create Legend for Single Layer

Subha Ramakrishnan subha at gslab.com
Tue Dec 23 03:30:08 EST 2008

Hi,

You can do so using mode=legend request. Eg:
"http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?mode=legend&map=mapfile&layer=layer_name"
This will give the legend only for the layer that you pass in the url.

In addition to this, is there a facility to generate legend for a layer
with a filter, where the filter takes in parameters passed from URL to
generate polygons??

Thanks & regards,
Subha