[mapserver-users] MapServer Symbol Conversion from Polyline Points

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Mon Dec 29 11:28:18 EST 2008

All,

I would vote for both the 0,0 anchoring by default and the use of the ANCHORPOINT function.   These things gave me no end of problems when I first started out with MapServer.  Took a while to figure out how to anchor oddly shaped symbols for example.

bobb

> As a side issue, do the positive/negative numbers have a bearing on the
> anchor point of the symbol or is that always in the centre of the symbol?
as of now, the symbol is centered on the anchor point. I'd be in favor
of having a way to specify the anchor point, either by fixing it on
0,0 , or by specifying it alongside the symbol, eg ANCHORPOINT 0.3 2

regards,
thomas