[mapserver-users] Image not rendered on large monitors.

Subha Ramakrishnan subha at gslab.com
Tue Dec 30 05:45:47 EST 2008

Hi,

We have built a map based web portal using Openlayers and Mapserver 5.0.2.
We have multiple layers being rendered using Mapserver.
But we are facing an issue here.
On large monitors  with the resolutions, "1680 x 1050", "1856 x 1392"
,"1920 x 1080"(21 inches and above), mapserver doesn't render images.
It throws an error saying "WMS server error.Image size out of
range,Width and height must be between 1 and 2048 pixels."

I have tried setting the "MAXSIZE" as 2048 in my map file but it doesn't
seem to work.

My mapfile is as follows:

map
  size 725 800
  imagetype png
  imagecolor 225 225 225
  projection
    "init=epsg:4326"
  end
  extent 60 0 100 40
  maxsize 2048
outputformat
    name "jpg"
    driver "GD/JPEG"
    extension "jpg"
    formatoption "QUALITY=85"
  end
layer
  name xyz
  connectiontype postgis
  connection "user= abc dbname=qwe password=fgg host=localhost"
  group world
  type polygon
  status on
  data "topology from table"
  class
    style
      width 3
    outlinecolor 000 000 255
    end
  end
  end
end

Is there something wrong that in the mapfile? Or if there is any other
solution that someone knows, please let me know.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Subha