[mapserver-users] umn map server requested url not found on this server error

cemre yilmaz cemre.yilmaz at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 06:32:47 EST 2008

Hello everybody;

I have installed ms4w on my PC succesfully. I have typed "http://localhost/"
on my web browser and main page of map server opened. After I  tested if the
server is working properly then I have create a folder called "tfc" in *
C:/ms4w/apps*  and I have created a configuration file in the folder *
c:/ms4w/httpd.d* folder called *httpd_tfc.conf *and I typed;

Alias /tfc/ "/ms4w/apps/tfc/"
<Directory "/ms4w/apps/tfc/">
AllowOverride None
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Multiviews
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

When I typed "http://localhost/tfc/" on web browser normally  I should see
the empty file but there is a message on the opened page that "server
requested url not found on this server " error 404. What should be the
reason? I don't understand what is wrong. Why server can't find the folder.

Note: I have restarted the apache server after the configuration file.

Could you please inform me about this problem it is very urgent. Thanks a
lot.