No subject

Fri Feb 8 15:06:04 EST 2008

POLYGON (( 100000 100000, 200000 500000,500000 500000,500000 200000,
100000 100000))

(Or LINESTRING etc - Other Geom types detaild in second of the 2 links)

Best wishes
James

-----Original Message-----
From: Chip Taylor [mailto:work at XWB.COM]=20
Sent: 30 March 2006 19:09
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Defining a line from SQL server using
OGR

The x,y columns are doubles.  Where can I learn about geometry in WKT
format?

Thanks for all your help!
Chip

Chip,

what are the types of your gpsLongitude columns?  Are they array types
of some kind?  Or perhaps you are hoping that OGR will collect all the
rows, and make it into a single linestring features?

Basically, this is not supported.  If you could do something in the
database to prepare an appropriate line geometry in WKT format, you
could use the WKT column support in VRT.

Best regards,
--=20
----
warmerdam at pobox.com
and watch the world go round - Rush    | President OSGF,
http://osgeo.org