No subject

Fri Feb 8 15:06:04 EST 2008

the latter, but the east-west coordinates should be pushed together as
this formula would indicate: x=3Dlon*cos(lat) where lat is 60 and the
formula then gives x=3Dlon*0.5?

All I get is a blank map, so I suppose there is something I have misunderst=
ood?

Espen

On 16/01/2008, Ed McNierney <ed at topozone.com> wrote:
> Espen -
>
> The EPSG coordinate system codes, like EPSG:4326, generally are used to f=
ully specify a projection.  If you need to "customize" a projection describ=
ed by an EPSG code, I would recommend using a full PROJ text description, a=
nd specify the use of the equirectangular (Plate Carr=E9e) projection: