[mapserver-users] Query with template not working with complex query

Matthew Pettis matthew.pettis at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 14:00:46 EST 2008

Hi,

A while back, I posted a question like this to the group, and got an answer
that worked for me:

http://lists.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0705&L=mapserver-users&D=0&O=D&T=0&P=5373

I was able to get correct results by making a simple query.  Now, however, I
need to use a more complex query to return results.

The problem is this... I have a template and a map file with a layer that
uses that template.  When the DATA attribute is:

    DATA "the_geom from shp_prct"

the query works fine and i get my template back appropriately filled out.
When I use the more complex but equivalent formulation:

    DATA "the_geom from (select the_geom from shp_prct) as foo using unique
the_geom using SRID=-1"

The result is the following:

> <HTML>
> <HEAD><TITLE>MapServer Message</TITLE></HEAD>
> <!-- MapServer version 5.0.0 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP OUTPUT=PDF OUTPUT=SWF OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=AGG SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPPORTS=SOS_SERVER SUPPORTS=FASTCGI SUPPORTS=THREADS SUPPORTS=GEOS INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE -->
> <BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">
> </BODY></HTML>

Just to note, the query I really need isn't the second one verbatim, but
uses the form of "select the geom from (<query>) as foo ...".

I'm omitting the rest of the info assuming it isn't important at this time,
but will supply it if someone thinks that it is key to solving this...

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Matt

--
It is from the wellspring of our despair and the places that we are broken
that we come to repair the world.