[mapserver-users] Simple MrSid map file

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Sun Feb 10 21:03:26 EST 2008

Ken,

  I don't use MrSID, but here are some general things to look at:

1. Does your MrSID file have geo-referencing and coordinate system
definition information with it?  Use GDAL's "gdalinfo" to find out.

2. Do your EXTENTS (with the related PROJECTION and UNITS) in the map file
actually cover/intersect the MrSID file?

3. Check your DATA value in the map file's LAYER.  Is the path correct?
Is Mapserver able to access the file?

Brent Fraser
GeoAnalytic Inc.
Calgary, Alberta