[mapserver-users] Simple MrSid map file

Ken S. Elvehjem elvehjem at runestone.net
Sun Feb 10 21:19:57 EST 2008

Brent,

Thanks for the response.  I appreciate the *watch* items you included! and I
think that I have all that info available.

I think my main problem is that I cannot separate out what is *nice* in a
mapfile from what is *necessary* ... most of the examples I have been able
to find have multiple layers, labels, scales etc. that I may use one day,
but I have to comment them out because they don't apply.  It's why I'm
trying to find the world's simplest mapfile that works for displaying raster
data... MrSID data if possible.  A sort of a "Hello Raster (world)" Mapfile
for Mapserver.

I have been reading more about mapfiles @
http://umn.mapserver.ch/index_en.php .  This has an astonishing amount of
information and is well organized.

Perhaps I should wait until I am over this bad head cold before I plow back
into it   ;>)

Sincerest thanks!

Ken