[MAPSERVER-USERS] loadWeb() error on Windows 2003 (MS4W package)

riteshambastha ritesh.linux at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 01:33:55 EST 2008

Well Suresh,

I just saw an error in your code.

Check this in your html code:
 .... [img]................

Here, [img] catches the name of generated image file. This image file
resides in tmp directory. So, you will have to give it a path. Something
like /tmp/[img]. Play around this.. you will get your answer.

Regards,
Ritesh

<quote author=
Hi!

I have just started my exploration in Mapserver on Windows platform with
MS4W package. I am using Bil Kropla's Mapserver book. When I worked out the
first example (of chapter 2), a simple example using mapserver in CGI-BIN
mode, I get the following error
   loadWeb(): Unknown identifier. Parsing error near (c):(line 1)
I tried changing the path information (TEMPLATE, IMAGE PATH), other
parameters to ensure the simple 'Hello World' example map gets displayed,
but I could not go further.

I am producing the source code below of the two files.

File: hello.map
--------------------
# This is our "Hello World" mapfile
NAME "Hello World"
SIZE 400 300
IMAGECOLOR 249 245 186
IMAGETYPE png
EXTENT -1.0 -1.0 1.0 1.0
WEB
     TEMPLATE "c:/ms4w/apache/htdocs/hello.html"
     IMAGEPATH "c:/ms4w/apache/htdocs/tmp/"
     IMAGEURL "/tmp/"
END
LAYER
     STATUS default
     TYPE point
     FEATURE
          POINTS  0.00 0.00 END
          TEXT "Hello World"
     END # end feature
     CLASS
          STYLE
               COLOR 255 0 0
          END
          LABEL
               TYPE bitmap
          END
     END
END
END

File: Hello.html
---------------------
    <form method=POST action="../cgi-bin/mapserv.exe">
        <input type="submit" value="Click Me">
        <input type="hidden" name="map"
value="c:/ms4w/apache/htdocs/hello.map">
        <input type="hidden" name="map_web_imagepath"
value="c:/ms4w/apache/htdocs/tmp/">
    </form>
     [img]

Would appreciate any help on this.