[mapserver-users] call for presentations -HotApps Oregon

percy percyd at pdx.edu
Fri Feb 15 18:24:51 EST 2008

Hello mapserver folk, this pertains mostly to those in the Pacific
Northwest... and sorry for the cross-posts...

Oregon URISA sponsors an event every year called Hot Apps, and this year
the focus is on Open Source GIS. Paul Ramsey will give the morning
tutorial, and in the afternoon from 2pm to 4pm will be presentations by
people such as yourself. These will likely be in the 15-20 minute time
range, though we could do some lightning talks, too.

The event is free, attendance is capped at 70, and lunch is provided. It
is in Eugene, OR on March 7th. Flier attached.

If you would like to be considered for presenting, please email
me directly. I'd like to finalize the lineup in the next week or so.

We will focus mostly on internet mapping (preferably with some
advanced functionality!), but if anyone has a nifty demo of doing some
analytical work with a desktop client against GRASS (for example), that
would great! Anything in the category of Enterprise GIS would also be
delightful. It would be nice to see a variety of apps.

Cheers,
Percy

--
David Percy