[mapserver-users] suggestion for CMS

Laura Poggio laura.poggio at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 04:06:34 EST 2008

Dear list,
I am looking for a freeware / opensource CMS that could be used with
mapserver and p.mapper and PHP. The features should be rather basic, no
blog, no wiki is needed, just user management.
In practice I would like to set up a web site with three main sections:
1) general section, public available
2) web-GIS, mapserver + p.mapper generated maps available only to registered
users.
3) database query and various modifications

My first idea was to use a normal CMS and put the link to the map part in an
area accessible only to registered users. But I am not sure this is the best
way. And in case it is a possible solution, which CMS would be appropriate?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Laura