[mapserver-users] Netcdf / WCS

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Feb 19 15:24:13 EST 2008

I need to think about this. For some reason I remember one of the test
cases being
just like this although with not so many bands. As the cobwebs clear I
believe this
was started but not completed. There's even a BANDSITEM member of the
layer object
defined in the source. This would allow definition of a column to map a
temporal value
to a particular band within a larger image. I'm thinking it's probably
not far from functioning.

Steve

>>> On 2/19/2008 at 10:08 AM, in message <47BAFEE1.60508 at pobox.com>,
Frank

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/WCSServerFormatHowTo

>> My netCDF store rainfall matrix every five minutes in the "pluie"
>> variable. This the CDL :
>>
>> dimensions:
>>
>>    time = UNLIMITED;   // (496 currently)   // (has coord.var)
>>    x = 50;   // (has coord.var)
>>    y = 50;   // (has coord.var)
>> variables:
>>    int Lambert_Conformal;
>>      :grid_mapping_name = "lambert_conformal_conic";
>>      :standard_parallel = 43.20317, 44.99683; // double
>>      :longitude_of_central_meridian = 2.337229; // double
>>      :latitude_of_projection_origin = 44.1; // double
>>      :false_easting = 600.0; // double
>>      :false_northing = 3200.0; // double
>>      :_CoordinateTransformType = "Projection";
>>      :_CoordinateSystems = "ProjectionCoordinateSystem";
>>      :_CoordinateAxes = "y x";
>>      :_CoordinateAxisTypes = "GeoX GeoY";
>> *   double pluie(time=496, y=50, x=50);*
>> *     :units = "mm/h";*
>> *     :long_name = "Intensité de pluie";*
>> *     :coordinates = "lat lon";*
>> *     :grid_mapping = "Lambert_Conformal";*
>> *     :_CoordinateSystems = "ProjectionCoordinateSystem
> LatLonCoordinateSystem";*
>
> Vincent,
>
> Because GDAL treats this array as a single dataset having 496 bands,
I don't

http://osgeo.org