[mapserver-users] How MapServer uses overviews in GDAL?

Juozas Urbonas juozas.urbonas at teltonika.lt
Wed Feb 20 08:05:01 EST 2008

Hi All.

I'm building a GDAL plugin on top of some ActiveX map component, I want to use it with MapServer and provide WMS service. What is the best way to implement overviews? I was thinking about arbitrary overviews approach, but does MapServer utilizes arbitrary overviews, because my HasArbitraryOverviews is not getting called by MapServer. Or maybe discrete overviews is the only way to go with MapServer?
Please advise.

Juozas.

P.s. I'm new to MapServer and GDAL so maybe I'm misunderstanding something.