[mapserver-users] The right tool for the job

Colin Wetherbee cww at denterprises.org
Wed Feb 20 21:53:39 EST 2008

Brent Fraser wrote:
>     3. OpenLayers

I'm really glad you mentioned this.  I have installed it and poked
around a bit, and I love it!

That takes care of the front-end quite nicely, but now I need to get
mapserv to start serving custom WMS data that gets pulled from PostgreSQL.

It seems the tutorial uses a bunch of DBase files to define its layers,
so I'm just as lost as I was before I installed the tutorial.

First, I'm going to wade through this [0] long thing, but I'm wondering
if there is a more comprehensive (and less image-heavy)
PostgreSQL-MapServer primer somewhere else?

Thanks!

Colin

[0]
http://www.mapbender.org/presentations/Spatial_Data_Management_Arnulf_Christl/html/